- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups pecans (broken in pieces)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Place pecan pieces on large glass plate and microwave on high for 8 minutes, stirring at 2 minute intervals.
- Set aside.
- In a 8 cup measure, microwave butter on high for 1 minute.
- Stir in brown sugar and milk until blended.
- Microwave on high for 7 minutes, stirring at 2 minute intervals.
- Beat with wooden spoon until stiff, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla and roasted pecans.
- Spread into a 8 inch square pan, that has been lined with foil and lightly buttered.
- Chill until firm.
- Cut into squares. Makes 1-1/2 lbs.
Notes(the name means "burned milk" in Spanish)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Walnut, Honey & Espresso Caramels
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Rice PuddingSee More