- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is recipe that my father in law makes every year and takes it to work, the VFW and to his Beeno in Maine (Bingo) friends. It's easy and pretty tastey too!
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. roasted salted nuts, your choice
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Combine syrup and sugar in a 1 12/ quart round microwave glass baking dish. Stir until everything is blended.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Stir in nuts. Microwave on high for 3 to 5 minutes, until light brown.
- Stir in butter and vanilla blending well. Microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add soda and stir gently just until light and foamy. Quickly pour onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Cool.
- Break into small pieces and store in an air tight container. Makes about 1 lb.
- Note: For clear caramel color type brittle, omit the baking soda. Enjoy
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More