- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs. Sweet Potatoes (Canned or Fresh)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup butter, melted
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1.) If using fresh potatoes, wash, peel, cube, boil and drain. If using canned potatoes...
- 2.)Mash Potatoes lightly. Combine potatoes with sugar, butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Transfer sweet potato mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish.
- 3.)In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans, flour and 1 Tbsp. melted butter. Sprinkle over sweet potatoe mixture. Bake, uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly at 350'.
NotesI call this recipe "Middle of the Road" because there are sooo many variations of Sweet Potato Casserole are out there- Many are more like a dessert (with caramel or mashmallows) and others are a little too straight-forward for me (with simply milk or salt)...For me, This casserole is a perfect "middle of the road"!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More