- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs. Sweet Potatoes (Canned or Fresh)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup butter, melted
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1.) If using fresh potatoes, wash, peel, cube, boil and drain. If using canned potatoes...
- 2.)Mash Potatoes lightly. Combine potatoes with sugar, butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Transfer sweet potato mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish.
- 3.)In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans, flour and 1 Tbsp. melted butter. Sprinkle over sweet potatoe mixture. Bake, uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly at 350'.
NotesI call this recipe "Middle of the Road" because there are sooo many variations of Sweet Potato Casserole are out there- Many are more like a dessert (with caramel or mashmallows) and others are a little too straight-forward for me (with simply milk or salt)...For me, This casserole is a perfect "middle of the road"!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More