- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 dzn
- Preparation Time:
- For Crust
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter -- chilled and cut into pieces
- 1/3 or more, cup strong, cold coffee
- For Filling
- 12 ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips -- melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter -- melted
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 2 large eggs -- room temp.
- 1/2 cup walnuts -- toasted and chopped
- For the Crust - Whisk together in a large bowl, flour, cocoa, sugar and salt. Add butter and cut in until course. Add coffee. Knead briefly and form into a log. Wrap and chill for several hours.
- Spray miniature muffin tins with cooking spray. Cut dough into 4 pieces. Working each piece one at a time, keeping the other pieces chilled, roll into a 14" circle. Cut into 3 " circles. Press into muffin cups. Chill while rolling out remaining dough.
- For the Filling - Combine cooled chocolate, sugar, melted butter, milk, and Kahlua and blend well. Add eggs and beat till smooth. Add nuts. Put 1 tablespoon of mixture into each cup. Bake until set, 20-25 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 min. Then cool on racks.
NotesI always made these for my Halloween parties. I'd garnish with sugar eyeballs. Grown up treats for Trick or Treat
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More