- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 dzn
- Preparation Time:
- For Crust
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter -- chilled and cut into pieces
- 1/3 or more, cup strong, cold coffee
- For Filling
- 12 ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips -- melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter -- melted
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 2 large eggs -- room temp.
- 1/2 cup walnuts -- toasted and chopped
- For the Crust - Whisk together in a large bowl, flour, cocoa, sugar and salt. Add butter and cut in until course. Add coffee. Knead briefly and form into a log. Wrap and chill for several hours.
- Spray miniature muffin tins with cooking spray. Cut dough into 4 pieces. Working each piece one at a time, keeping the other pieces chilled, roll into a 14" circle. Cut into 3 " circles. Press into muffin cups. Chill while rolling out remaining dough.
- For the Filling - Combine cooled chocolate, sugar, melted butter, milk, and Kahlua and blend well. Add eggs and beat till smooth. Add nuts. Put 1 tablespoon of mixture into each cup. Bake until set, 20-25 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 min. Then cool on racks.
NotesI always made these for my Halloween parties. I'd garnish with sugar eyeballs. Grown up treats for Trick or Treat
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More