- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 dzn
- Preparation Time:
- For Crust
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter -- chilled and cut into pieces
- 1/3 or more, cup strong, cold coffee
- For Filling
- 12 ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips -- melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter -- melted
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 2 large eggs -- room temp.
- 1/2 cup walnuts -- toasted and chopped
- For the Crust - Whisk together in a large bowl, flour, cocoa, sugar and salt. Add butter and cut in until course. Add coffee. Knead briefly and form into a log. Wrap and chill for several hours.
- Spray miniature muffin tins with cooking spray. Cut dough into 4 pieces. Working each piece one at a time, keeping the other pieces chilled, roll into a 14" circle. Cut into 3 " circles. Press into muffin cups. Chill while rolling out remaining dough.
- For the Filling - Combine cooled chocolate, sugar, melted butter, milk, and Kahlua and blend well. Add eggs and beat till smooth. Add nuts. Put 1 tablespoon of mixture into each cup. Bake until set, 20-25 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 min. Then cool on racks.
NotesI always made these for my Halloween parties. I'd garnish with sugar eyeballs. Grown up treats for Trick or Treat