- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup cold brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 Tbsp. Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' cugar
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup chocolate sprinkles and coffee granules
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, coffee, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 350' for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- For frosting, in a small microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt chips; stir until smooth. Add butter; beat until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar and coffee. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Top with sprinkles and coffee granules!
- These cupcakes have a perfect mixture of coffee and chocolate and there isn't too much of either flavor so they are really yummy
NotesI made these special cupcakes for my mom on her birthday! It is always a struggle to find something special to make her because she is such a wonderful baker and I never feel like I can make something that will impress her! So, I knew that when I found this recipe(originally from TOH)- I had to make it for her! She loves coffee and chocolate, so this was the BEST birthday recipe for her! I also decorated them specially and topped them with mocha ganache chocolate squares!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More