- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 3 cups
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3 cup Chicken broth
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons Gerhardt Chile Powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 heaping teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoon cold water
- 4 tablespoons white flour
- In a sauce pan add the chicken broth, tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and sugar.
- Use a whisk to mix everything together.
- Heat to a boil for about 3 minutes
- Whisk often to dissolve spices. Whisk often to get a smooth sauce
- While sauce is on simmer about 5 minutes or so
- In a small bowl add 5 tablespoons water with 4 tablespoons flour
- Whisk vigorously to avoid lumps.
- Very slow pour flour sauce into enchilada sauce whisking fast to avoid lumps.
- Whisk while boiling about 3 minutes
- Turn off the heat
- Sauce is ready to use.
NotesI have been researching for a few months. I have always wanted to make my own sauce.
I final came up with a mild, smooth sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
MetroCooking DC 2013
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More