- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 c. light-flavor molasses
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. butter (no substitutes)
- 4 c. AP flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 eggs
- Coarse decorating sugar or granulated sugar
- Combine molasses, brown sugar, and butter in a large saucepan.
- Heat and stir until melted.
- Cool mixture about 20 minutes.
- Stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and pepper in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Beat eggs into cooled molasses mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap, and chill for 1 to 2 hours or till easy to handle.
- Divide dough into six equal portions.
- Roll each portion on a lightly floured surface into a 10-inch rope.
- Cut ropes diagonally into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Brush the top of each piece with milk, and dip in coarse sugar or granulated sugar; place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375-f degrees oven for 7 to 8 minutes or till edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned.
- Transfer to wire racks and cool.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More