- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 (14 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 to 2 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Place all ingredients in a sauce pan and stir well, simmer at a very low temperature for 15- 20 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- May be kept in refrigerator for several days, but I susggest freezing half for later use unless you have having a big group of people.
NotesI love Taco Bell mild sauce, but I really shouldn't be eating there. That said, I found this recipe which comes close to the TB version and gives me a bit of flavor for my own homemade burritos, tacos and nachos. I even love just dipping chips in this sauce and it is very low-cal on its own.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
The One Dollar Cookbook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More