- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 (14 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 to 2 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Place all ingredients in a sauce pan and stir well, simmer at a very low temperature for 15- 20 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- May be kept in refrigerator for several days, but I susggest freezing half for later use unless you have having a big group of people.
NotesI love Taco Bell mild sauce, but I really shouldn't be eating there. That said, I found this recipe which comes close to the TB version and gives me a bit of flavor for my own homemade burritos, tacos and nachos. I even love just dipping chips in this sauce and it is very low-cal on its own.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More