MILE-HIGH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 C. unsifted flour
- scant 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- scant 1 C. butter, softened
- scant 3/4 C. sugar
- scant 3/4 brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 C. walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 C. chocolate chips (Ghiradelli chips are really yummy)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Stir flour with baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color (about 4 minutes).
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture, Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown (I usually slightly underbake and leave the cookies on the sheet to cool slightly before putting them on a wire rack).
NotesThis is my adaptation of the recipe on the back of the Ghiradelli chocolate chip bag. I've made some changes for our elevation (5200 ft). These cookies stay moist and chewy much longer than most others I've made, and are always a crowd pleaser!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More