- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk-free, soy-free margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 T. water, 1 1/2 T. oil, 1 tsp. baking powder; mixed together
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- flat wooden craft sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir well. Set aside.
- In large bowl, cream margarine and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed for about 1 minute. Add water, oil, and baking powder mixture; and vanilla extract.
- Mix until well combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture. Mix well. Divide dough into 2 balls.
- Place one dough ball on large piece of wax paper and cover with another piece of wax paper.
- Roll to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Remove top sheet.
- Using round cookie cutter, or glass jar, cut out cookies. Repeat with second half of dough.
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press craft stick into bottom 1/3 of each cookie. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes and then move to wire rack.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Frost and decorate as desired.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More