- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk-free, soy-free margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 T. water, 1 1/2 T. oil, 1 tsp. baking powder; mixed together
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- flat wooden craft sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir well. Set aside.
- In large bowl, cream margarine and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed for about 1 minute. Add water, oil, and baking powder mixture; and vanilla extract.
- Mix until well combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture. Mix well. Divide dough into 2 balls.
- Place one dough ball on large piece of wax paper and cover with another piece of wax paper.
- Roll to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Remove top sheet.
- Using round cookie cutter, or glass jar, cut out cookies. Repeat with second half of dough.
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press craft stick into bottom 1/3 of each cookie. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes and then move to wire rack.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Frost and decorate as desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce