- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryFrom Hersheys Kitchen
I made this using my Friendship starter for the buttermilk and it worked!! YUMMY
- 2 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips, divided
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk*
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Powdered sugar(optional)
- Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan. Place 1 cup milk chocolate chips in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted when stirred.
- Beat butter in large bowl until creamy; gradually add granulated sugar, beating on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add melted chocolate; beat until blended.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to chocolate mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating until blended. Add syrup and vanilla; beat until blended. Stir in remaining milk chocolate chips and pecans. Spoon batter into prepard pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. 12 to 16 servings.
- To sour milk: Use 1 tablespoon white vinegar plus milk to equal 1 cup.