- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 ¾ cups (11.5 ounce package) milk chocolate morsels
- 1 cup uncooked quick or old fashioned oats
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- *I used walnuts instead of raisins*
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture and milk. Stir in morsels, oats and raisins. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- BAKE for 10-14 minutes until edges are crisp but centers are still soft. Cook on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to completely.
NotesHaving recently moved into our new house, I discovered 4, yes 4, boxes of rolled oats. I need to use them and my husband was wanting oatmeal cookies. I found this quick and easy recipe in "Nestle Classic Recipes." Enjoy!
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More