- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon (packed) dark brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cups chocolate chips
- 3 ounces milk chocolate chopped
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons whipping crea
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat powdered sugar, dark brown sugar, and butter in large bowl to blend.
- Add peanut butter; beat until creamy. Gradually beat in vegetable oil and vanilla then egg. Add dry ingredients; mix just until blended. Stir in milk chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by level tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake cookies until puffed and golden brown, about 12 minutes. Cool slightly, then transfer cookies to rack to cool completely.
- For filling:
- Place chocolate, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and salt in medium bowl. Bring whipping cream to boil in heavy small saucepan. Pour hot cream over chocolate mixture; stir until mixture is melted and smooth. Chill until filling is thick and spreadable, about 1 hour.
- Spread about 1 rounded teaspoonful chocolate-peanut butter filling on flat side of 1 cookie. Top with second cookie, forming sandwich. Repeat with remaining filling and cookies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More