- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1 bag MILKY WAY Brand MINIS
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cookie sheets
- Parchment paper
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, salt, vanilla and half of the chopped pecans (1/2 cup).
- Mix well until the dough is formed.
- Shape the dough into a 10-inch log.
- Place the remaining chopped pecans in a cookie sheet.
- Roll the log over the nuts until they're completely covered.
- Wrap the log in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the cookie sheet with the parchment paper.
- Cut the log into 24 slices, each 1/2 inch thick. Place the slices on the prepared cookie sheet, each about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and immediately press a MILKY WAY Brand MINI in the center of each slice.
- Cool completely before serving.
- You can exchange the pecans in the recipe with your favorite nuts, such as walnut or hazelnuts.
- To eliminate nuts completely, just don't add any. Before slicing the dough into cookies, you can roll it in cinnamon sugar so it crusts around the outside.
NotesReceived this recipe in a email last year. Looked good so decided to give it a try. So glad, its a pretty little cookie with the nuts around the outside and the yummy candy in the center of the cookie. Does make a nice presentation on a assorted cookie tray for the holidays.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Food Travels Through Italy
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More