- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1 bag MILKY WAY Brand MINIS
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cookie sheets
- Parchment paper
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, salt, vanilla and half of the chopped pecans (1/2 cup).
- Mix well until the dough is formed.
- Shape the dough into a 10-inch log.
- Place the remaining chopped pecans in a cookie sheet.
- Roll the log over the nuts until they're completely covered.
- Wrap the log in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the cookie sheet with the parchment paper.
- Cut the log into 24 slices, each 1/2 inch thick. Place the slices on the prepared cookie sheet, each about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and immediately press a MILKY WAY Brand MINI in the center of each slice.
- Cool completely before serving.
- You can exchange the pecans in the recipe with your favorite nuts, such as walnut or hazelnuts.
- To eliminate nuts completely, just don't add any. Before slicing the dough into cookies, you can roll it in cinnamon sugar so it crusts around the outside.
NotesReceived this recipe in a email last year. Looked good so decided to give it a try. So glad, its a pretty little cookie with the nuts around the outside and the yummy candy in the center of the cookie. Does make a nice presentation on a assorted cookie tray for the holidays.
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More