- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) large pasta shells
- 8 oz. cottage or ricotta cheese
- 6 T. melted butter or margarine
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce
- 1 c. fresh or drained canned mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 c. thinly sliced pepperoni
- 2 pkgs. (6 oz. each) presliced Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 lb. ground beef (or turkey)
- dried oregano to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Cook shells as directed on package. Drain.
- Sauté ground beef. Mix cottage or ricotta cheese, butter, and tomato sauce until well blended.
- Stir in mushrooms and green pepper, blending well. Add oregano and pepper.
- Place layer of cooked shells in bottom of lightly buttered casserole. Cover with layer of cottage cheese mixture. Top with half of the pepperoni. Place 2 slices Mozzarella cheese on top. Crumble 1/3 ground beef evenly over cheese.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used, ending with Mozzarella cheese on top, ringed with pepperoni slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.
NotesOne of my favorite casseroles. I'm not sure if this is the exact recipe from the recipe card. I've might have made some changes along the way.
Source: My Great Recipes
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More