- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounces semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- For Filling:
- Pour the condensed milk into a heatproof bowl and place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Cover and cook, over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 45 to 60 minutes or until the milk has thickened and has turned a light caramel colour.
- Remove from heat and beat until smooth.
- Pour the caramel over the baked shortbread and leave to set.
- For Topping:
- Melt the chocolate and butter either in the microwave oven or in double boiler.
- Pour the melted chocolate evenly over the caramel and leave to set.
- Cut the shortbread into pieces using a sharp knife.
- Store the shortbread in the refrigerator to keep the chocolate firm.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Babette's Test Kitchen
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More