- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- For Shortbread:
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy with electric mixer.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and salt and beat until the dough just comes together.
- Press onto the bottom of a greased 9x9" pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until pale golden in colour. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool while you make the filling.