- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 quart goats milk (from your local health food store)
- 1 Cup buttermilk
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- a sprig of fresh thyme
- a few leaves of fresh sage
- Whisk together the goat's milk and buttermilk in a sauce pan and add salt to taste.
- Over a very low heat cook until the mixture separates the curds from the whey...about 30 minutes or so.
- Make sure the curds form.
- Cool slightly and strain through a damp cheesecloth (4 layers)over a sieve.
- Let drain until the whey is gone.
- While straining the goat cheese put the olive oil and garlic clove in a saute pan and over a very very low heat cook until garlic is soft and lightly golden.
- Either mold the cheese or simply mound up in a small bowl. Place herbs as a wreath around.
- After the garlic has cooked long enough cool and pour over the cheese and herbs.
- Let it marinate to develop the flavors or just eat if you can't wait which is usually what I end up doing.
NotesThis is so easy and so yummy you'll never want to buy goat cheese again. I swear. It's from my mom and she was one of the world' great cooks.