- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz. pkg cream cheese - room temperature
- 8 oz. unsalted butter - room temperature
- Zest from 1 orange (squeeze and save the juice)
- enough flour to make a rollable dough (approx. 2-3 cups)
- Mince pie filling
- 2 C powderred sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp orange juice (or rum, cognac, whiskey, etc.)
- enough milk to thin for drizzling
- preheat oven to 350'
- Line cookie sheets with Reynolds Parchment Paper
- Cream butter and cream cheese till fluffy.
- Add zest and about 2 cups flour.
- Mix well - keep adding flour, a bit at a time till you have a rollable dough.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll to approx. 1/4" and cut into 1 1/2 - 2" squares.
- Put a teaspoon (+/-) of filling in center of each square.
- Pull up 2 opposite corners over filling and secure with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake 12-15 minutes - cookies will be very pale in color.
- While cookies are baking, mix glaze. Put it in a zip bagand clip a corner to allow a tiny drizzle hole.
NotesSince this is my favorite way to make these cookies, I thought I'd give them a place of their own.
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More