- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 2 cups prepared mincemeat pie filling
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 Cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1 - 2 TB Milk
- In mixing bowl stir together the flour, oats, brown sugar and baking soda.
- Melt butter or margarine and stir in until well blended.
- Set aside 2 cups of this mixture.
- Distribute remaining oat mixture evenly into an ungreased 15 X 10 X 1 inch baking pan and pat down.
- Bake this in a 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 12 minutes.
- Stir lemon OR orange peel into mincemeat.
- Spread filling carefully over the HOT baked crust.
- Sprinkle the reserved oat mixture over the filling.
- Pat oat mixture very gently onto filling.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden. Cool pan on rack.
- Mix together confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and milk.
- Add milk a little at a time to obtain drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over Bars.
It's all about that protein
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More