- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups golden raisins
- 3 cups raisins
- 3 cups currants
- 2 1/2 pounds Granny Smith apples
- 1 pound beef, cooked and minced
- 3/4 cup citron
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- 2 teaspoons grated nutmeg
- 3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 quart apple cider
- 1/2 pound beef suet, minced
- 1/2 cup brandy
- Roughly chop the dried fruit.
- Peel, core and chop apples into half inch dice.
- Put all ingredients, except for brandy, into a 8 quart pot. Mix well, and bring to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, until apples are soft, stirring frequently. When softened, cook for 30 minutes, partially covered. Season liberally with brandy.
- Pack into sterilized jars. Process as for jelly.
- Yield: About 1 gallon or enough for about 10 pies.
NotesThis recipe requires suet, which I was able to find at my butchers shop!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
GAES PTO Recipes
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More