MINI BEER BATTERED ONION RINGS
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayene pepper
- 1 bottle beer
- 5 small onions
- 6 cups oil (approx)
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt and cayenne. Whisk in beer until smooth.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel onions.
- Cut into 1/4” thick slices.
- Separate into rings.
- In a deep fryer or deep pot pour in oil to come at least 2" up side.
- Heat to 375 degrees.
- Using a fork dip 4 or 5 onion rings into the batter; cook in oil for about 1 minute or until golden brown, turning halfway through.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer to a paper towel lined baking sheet.
- Keep warm in a 250 degree oven for up to 1 hour.
- Repeat with remaining onions.
- Makes 8 servings
NotesI always order onion rings rather than fries when eating at a burger joint. I love them but boy do they give me gas. I'll suffer through that though just to eat them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Foodie BabySee More
Chicken LinguineSee More