- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayene pepper
- 1 bottle beer
- 5 small onions
- 6 cups oil (approx)
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt and cayenne. Whisk in beer until smooth.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel onions.
- Cut into 1/4” thick slices.
- Separate into rings.
- In a deep fryer or deep pot pour in oil to come at least 2" up side.
- Heat to 375 degrees.
- Using a fork dip 4 or 5 onion rings into the batter; cook in oil for about 1 minute or until golden brown, turning halfway through.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer to a paper towel lined baking sheet.
- Keep warm in a 250 degree oven for up to 1 hour.
- Repeat with remaining onions.
- Makes 8 servings
NotesI always order onion rings rather than fries when eating at a burger joint. I love them but boy do they give me gas. I'll suffer through that though just to eat them.
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More