- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pound pitted canned or frozen tart red cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Red food coloring, optional
- In a bowl, combine crumbs and butter.
- Press gently into the bottom of 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, vanilla, lemon juice, sugar and egg; beat until smooth.
- Spoon into crusts.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- Drain cherries, reserving 1/2 cup juice in a saucepan; discard remaining juice.
- To juice, add cherries, sugar, cornstarch and food coloring if desired.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; boil for 1 minute.
- Cool; spoon over cheesecakes.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
GAES PTO Recipes
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More