MINI CHERRY CHEESECAKES
- Servings: 12
- 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pound pitted canned or frozen tart red cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Red food coloring, optional
In a bowl, combine crumbs and butter.
Press gently into the bottom of 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, vanilla, lemon juice, sugar and egg; beat until smooth.
Spoon into crusts.
Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
Drain cherries, reserving 1/2 cup juice in a saucepan; discard remaining juice.
To juice, add cherries, sugar, cornstarch and food coloring if desired.
Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; boil for 1 minute.
Cool; spoon over cheesecakes.
Chill for at least 2 hours.