- Cooking Time: 5 -10 minutes
- Servings: 24 approximately
- Preparation Time: 15 - 30 minutes
- 400g Dark Fruit Cake
- 100g Dark Chocolate, melted
- Port or Brandy or Strong Coffee (1-3 Tablespoons)
- 200g Dark Chocolate (approximately)
- 100g White Chocolate (approximately)
- Green and Red Glace Cherries
- In a medium sized mixing bowl crumble up the fruit cake.
- Add the melted chocolate.Mix these ingredients then a little at a time add the port, brandy or coffee. Until the mixture is the consistency of a dough that can be rolled into balls.
- Roll the mixture into bite size balls and place onto a tray.
- Chill the balls for 15-30 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate either in the microwave or in a spererate bowl over a pan of simmering water (which ever you prefer).
- Drop the balls two to three at a time into the melted dark chocolate and coat with chocolate. Drain the chocolate off a little then place back on the tray. Repeat until all the balls are coated.
- In a seperate bowl melt the white chocolate using your preferred method.
- Using a teaspoon drizzle a little white chocolate over the ball to represent custard.
- Chop the red cherries into little bits and the green ones into little slivers and decorate the 'puddings,' while the white chocolate is still soft, to represent Holly.
NotesI saw these being demonstrated at the supermarket but never got the quantities. So I played around and came up with my version. The quantities don't have to be exact...
They are very rich but very YUMMY particularly if you like dark fruit cake.
I like to sit back Christmas evening with friends and family, relax and enjoy one of these morsals with a cup of coffee!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More