- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives (or one green onion)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary (or 1/2 tsp. dried, crushed)
- black pepper to taste
- 1 12.3-ounce package lite firm silken tofu, drained of water
- 1/4 cup plain soymilk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (may sub another thickener such as arrowroot or potato starch)
- 1 teaspoon tahini (preferred) or cashew butter
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Spray 12 regular-sized muffin cups well with non-stick spray. (I used silicone cups like these.)
- Lightly spray a non-stick skillet with olive oil and saute the garlic, bell peppers, and mushrooms over medium heat until the mushrooms just begin to exude their juices. Stir in the chives, rosemary, and freshly ground black pepper, and remove from the heat.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a food processor or blender. Process until completely smooth and silky. Add the tofu mixture to the vegetables and stir to combine. Spoon equally into the 12 muffin cups: it will fill regular muffin cups about halfway.
- Put the muffin pan into the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 350 F. Bake until the tops are golden and a knife inserted into the middle of a quiche comes out clean--about 25-35 minutes depending on your oven and muffin cups (silicone will take longer than metal, so if you're using a metal pan, check it at 20 minutes). Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for about 10 minutes. Enjoy! They're light, so plan on making more of these or serve hearty side dishes if you're serving more than 3 people.
- 4 mini-quiches contain: 96 Calories (kcal); 3 g Total Fat; (23% calories from fat); 11 g Protein; 8 g Carbohydrate; 0 mg Cholesterol; 459 mg Sodium; 2 g Fiber
- (taken from blog.fatfreevegan.com)
Notes(taken from blog.fatfreevegan.com)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More