- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb fillet of cod, sea bass, or any firm white fish
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup canned white beans
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mini–whole-wheat buns or rolls
- Romaine lettuce
- Tomato slices
- Tartar sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spritz baking pan with cooking spray, and add fish. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Bake until flaky, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove fish from oven; leave oven on.
- In a food processor, puree white beans, parsley, 1/4 tsp salt, and bread crumbs. Process for 1 minute. (If you don't have a processor, use a potato masher instead.) Place bean mixture into a large bowl with the egg; crumble in fish. Gently mix with your hands until it's incorporated. Then form into 8 small patties.
- Coat an ovenproof skillet with cooking spray and put over medium heat. Add burgers. Cook until brown on one side, about 5 minutes. Flip cakes carefully, and place in oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve on mini-buns with lettuce, tomatoes, and tartar sauce
- Quickie-side suggestion: Try oven-roasted sweet potatoes. Slice peeled potatoes into 1/4-inch rounds. Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes at 375°F, stirring occasionally, until golden brown
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More