- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 stick (2 oz) butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (I omitted)
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 12 Tbsp warm water
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, 3 Tbsp cocoa, baking powder and salt (no mixer required).
- In a small bowl, mix the milk, melted butter, and vanilla and stir into the flour mixture. If using, fold in the nuts.
- Spoon the batter equally across 6 greased ramekins. Place the cups on a baking sheet.
- To make the topping, mix the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Sprinkle the mixture evenly across the ramekins. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of warm water on top of each ramekin. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool for 20 minutes. Use a knife to loosen the sides of the cakes and invert onto a dessert plate. Garnish with whipped cream, raspberries, or the topping of your choice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More