- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 36 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes + chilling
- 1 jar (10 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 French rolls, split
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cotto salami
- 1/4 pound sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. Hollow out tops and bottoms of rolls, leaving 3/4-in. shells (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- Spread olive mixture over tops and bottoms of rolls. On roll bottoms, layer with hard salami, provolone cheese, cotto salami and mozzarella cheese. Replace tops.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Cut each into six wedges; secure with toothpicks.
NotesPeople love these hearty little sandwich wedges. The recipe is great for get-togethers because they are made the night before.
Simple Homemade Favorites
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More