- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 egg whites
- a pinch of salt
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar (makes the meringues chewy inside)
- 40 gram chopped dark chocolate
- 2 tsp instant espresso coffee powder (”Nescafe Espresso”)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the egg whites and salt until the mixture form satiny peaks. Keep beating the egg whites while adding sugar little at a time until the meringue is stiff and shiny. Sprinkle over the cocoa, vinegar, chocolate and coffee. Fold in gently.
- Form round meringues on the trays lined with baking paper, around 10 cm a cross and 1.5 cm high. Make an indentation in the middle of every pavlova with the back of a spoon. Put in the trays in the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 150°C. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the Pavlovas inside for 1.5 hours.
- Serve the Pavlovas with whipped cream and fresh fruit, preferably strawberries or raspberries.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Tandori Spiced Chicken
Three Cheese Beer Bread
Neiman Marcus CakeSee More