- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 egg whites
- a pinch of salt
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar (makes the meringues chewy inside)
- 40 gram chopped dark chocolate
- 2 tsp instant espresso coffee powder (”Nescafe Espresso”)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the egg whites and salt until the mixture form satiny peaks. Keep beating the egg whites while adding sugar little at a time until the meringue is stiff and shiny. Sprinkle over the cocoa, vinegar, chocolate and coffee. Fold in gently.
- Form round meringues on the trays lined with baking paper, around 10 cm a cross and 1.5 cm high. Make an indentation in the middle of every pavlova with the back of a spoon. Put in the trays in the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 150°C. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the Pavlovas inside for 1.5 hours.
- Serve the Pavlovas with whipped cream and fresh fruit, preferably strawberries or raspberries.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!See More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More