- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 pkg. refrigerated pie crust
- 1 large portabello mushroom
- 8 oz. button mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp green onions chopped
- Let pie crusts stand at room temperature for 20 minutes, then gently roll out to 12″ circles.
- Wipe mushrooms with damp cloth and chop in food processor or with chef’s knife.
- Place butter and olive oil in a medium skillet and cook mushrooms and green onions chopped over medium heat until all liquid is evaporated and mushrooms are brown and tender.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 2 dozen 1 3/4″ muffin cups.
- Using 3″ cookie cutter, cut 24 circles from pie crust (12 from each crust), rerolling crusts if needed.
- Press into prepared muffin cups.
- Divide mushrooms evenly among lined cups.
- In small bowl, combine egg, cream, salt and cayenne pepper and beat well.
- Pour egg mixture over mushrooms; 2 tsp. per each muffin cup. Sprinkle each with grated cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until center of quiches is set. To serve warm, cool 5 minutes before removing from pans.
- To freeze, cool on wire rack and freeze in single layer until solid. Place in air tight freezer container in single layer.
- To reheat, place frozen quiches on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes until hot.
NotesMake ahead of time & freeze them
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More