- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 pkg. refrigerated pie crust
- 1 large portabello mushroom
- 8 oz. button mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp green onions chopped
- Let pie crusts stand at room temperature for 20 minutes, then gently roll out to 12″ circles.
- Wipe mushrooms with damp cloth and chop in food processor or with chef’s knife.
- Place butter and olive oil in a medium skillet and cook mushrooms and green onions chopped over medium heat until all liquid is evaporated and mushrooms are brown and tender.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 2 dozen 1 3/4″ muffin cups.
- Using 3″ cookie cutter, cut 24 circles from pie crust (12 from each crust), rerolling crusts if needed.
- Press into prepared muffin cups.
- Divide mushrooms evenly among lined cups.
- In small bowl, combine egg, cream, salt and cayenne pepper and beat well.
- Pour egg mixture over mushrooms; 2 tsp. per each muffin cup. Sprinkle each with grated cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until center of quiches is set. To serve warm, cool 5 minutes before removing from pans.
- To freeze, cool on wire rack and freeze in single layer until solid. Place in air tight freezer container in single layer.
- To reheat, place frozen quiches on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes until hot.
NotesMake ahead of time & freeze them
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More