- Cooking Time: 3- 4
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time: 12
- 30 slices party rye bread
- 1/4 cup creamy Dijon-style mustard blend
- 4 ounces thinly sliced cooked corned beef
- 1 8-ounce can sauerkraut, rinsed, drained, and snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted.
- Spread mustard blend lightly on one side of each bread slice.
- Arrange corned beef on each bread slice, cutting or folding to fit.
- Combine sauerkraut and caraway seed; toss until well mixed.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon mixture on top of corned beef; sprinkle with about 1 teaspooncheese. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve at once.
- Make-Ahead Tip:
- Toast bread slices; cool.
- Seal toast in a plastic bag and store at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- To serve: assemble as directed. Makes 30.
NotesThese open-face mini sandwiches give the deli classic a real "party look."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Food Travels Through Italy
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More