MINI SPINACH AND CHEESE PIZZAS
Mini Spinach and Cheese Pizzas
- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 mini whole-wheat pitas (3 inches each), split
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, pushed through a garlic press
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 pint bocconcini (about 20 balls), halved
Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil; arrange pita halves on sheet, cut side up.
In a small bowl, combine ricotta, oregano, and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
Dividing evenly, spread ricotta mixture on pitas, and top with spinach and bocconcini. Season with salt and pepper
Broil until cheese is melted and starts to brown, 4 to 6 minutes, rotating sheet from front to back halfway through baking.
Courtesy of Martha Stewart