- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 40+
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup maple sugar (you could also use dark brown sugar, but then I don’t think it’s technically vegan)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup raisins, chopped walnuts, or chocolate chips (optional, and the chocolate chips I have aren’t vegan)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- 2. Combine the oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the syrup, oil and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir to combine. Fold in the raisins, nuts, or chocolate chips, if you’re using them.
- 3. Scoop out a teaspoon size amount of dough (use a measuring spoon to be exact) if you want mini size cookies, or a tablespoon size for regular size cookies (the dough will look like it won’t even become a cookie with the mini ones, but it will!) Using your hands, roll the dough into balls and place on the baking sheet. Press down slightly to flatten the tops. For mini teaspoon size cookies, bake for about 5-7 minutes or until very lightly browned. 5 minutes makes nice soft cookies for me, and 7 minutes makes them cool to be more crispy and chewy. For tablespoon regular sized cookies, bake for about 8-10 minutes. Tip: Allow to cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet before moving to a wire rack, because they will be so soft and fragile, they won’t hold their shape.
- 4. Allow to fully cool, and then eat & enjoy!
NotesThis recipe was adapted from Alicia Silverstone's The Kind Diet. It's the first vegan cookie I've ever made, and probably still the most delicious. Everyone eats these up and can't believe they are vegan when I tell them. They always request the recipe too. I prefer to make them as mini cookies, it's perfect for a party.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More