- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time:
- 2 small jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Drain the artichokes, reserving 1/3 cup of the marinade. Chop artichokes into small pieces; set aside.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, heat reserved marinade. Add onion and garlic; cook approximately 5 minutes or until softened and liquid is absorbed (don't let the garlic brown).
- In large bowl, beat eggs; stir in onion mixture, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano, and hot pepper sauce. Blend in cheddar cheese; stir in artichoke pieces.
- Spoon mixture into a well-greased non-stick small tart tins or mini muffin tins. NOTE: The tarts can be hard to remove from the tins if not well-greased (even in non-stick tins). Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack before removing from the pans. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Let come to room temperature before serving.
NotesNOTE: The tarts can be hard to remove from the tins if not well-greased (even in non-stick tins).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More