- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time:
- 2 small jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Drain the artichokes, reserving 1/3 cup of the marinade. Chop artichokes into small pieces; set aside.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, heat reserved marinade. Add onion and garlic; cook approximately 5 minutes or until softened and liquid is absorbed (don't let the garlic brown).
- In large bowl, beat eggs; stir in onion mixture, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano, and hot pepper sauce. Blend in cheddar cheese; stir in artichoke pieces.
- Spoon mixture into a well-greased non-stick small tart tins or mini muffin tins. NOTE: The tarts can be hard to remove from the tins if not well-greased (even in non-stick tins). Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack before removing from the pans. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Let come to room temperature before serving.
NotesNOTE: The tarts can be hard to remove from the tins if not well-greased (even in non-stick tins).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More