- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 32 to 36 mini shells
- Preparation Time:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 3oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- In mixing bowl, blend softened butter and cream cheese.
- Stir in flour.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/16 inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 ½ to 2 ¾ inch rounds with a cookie cutter.
- Pat rounds into 1 ¾ inch muffin pans.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Completely cool tart shells.
- Fill with favorite tart filling or freeze.
- To freeze, arrange on baking sheet and freeze uncovered for 2 to 3 hours, or until firm, to protect shape.
- Place in freezer proof container in single layer.
- Keep frozen for up to 2 months.
- Thaw for 30 minutes before serving.
NotesI love the shells to my mom's Pumkin Tassies, and have used them in many other things, so I thought I'd share the recipe of those alone, and you can fill them with your favorite tart filling! This is a simple, easy shell to make!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More