- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Bottom Layer
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 (16-oz) can Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
- 1 cup flour
- Middle Layer
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups pwd sugar
- 2 tbsp creme de menthe (some use creme de menthe ice cream topping)
- 2 tbsp milk or cream
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- dash green food coloring
- Top Layer
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- For the bottom layer:
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat eggs by hand, and add to the creamed mixture. A
- dd the chocolate syrup and beat until thoroughly mixed in.
- Add flour and stir in just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake 350'F for 20-25 minutes. Cool.
- For the middle layer:
- Beat the butter and powdered sugar.
- Add the creme de menthe, milk, peppermint extract and food coloring.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread over the brownies.
- For the top layer:
- Melt together the chocolate chips and vegetable oil in the microwave, and carefully spread over the filling.
- Chill until topping is set. Cut into bars.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More