- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powdered
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mint Buttercream
- 1-1/2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- Beat butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating 30 seconds after each addition.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and espresso powder into a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine.
- Measure the milk and vanilla into a measuring thing.
- Add about a third of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar and beat to combine. Add about a half of the milk/vanilla and beat to combine. Continue adding, alternating between dry and wet and finishing with the dry.
- Scoop batter into cupcake cups about 3/4’s full. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Beat butter briefly, scrape bowl.
- Add the sifted powdered sugar and milk. Beat until smooth.
- Add peppermint extract.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More