- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powdered
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mint Buttercream
- 1-1/2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- Beat butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating 30 seconds after each addition.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and espresso powder into a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine.
- Measure the milk and vanilla into a measuring thing.
- Add about a third of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar and beat to combine. Add about a half of the milk/vanilla and beat to combine. Continue adding, alternating between dry and wet and finishing with the dry.
- Scoop batter into cupcake cups about 3/4’s full. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Beat butter briefly, scrape bowl.
- Add the sifted powdered sugar and milk. Beat until smooth.
- Add peppermint extract.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More