- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
BackstoryThese yummy mint chocolate bites are so delightful, you'll find it difficult to eat just one. With a combination of sweetness and crunch from the chocolate cookies, they make pretty holiday gifts with crushed candy canes or other candies on top.
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 6 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon green food coloring
- 4 mint cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 2 packages (4.67 ounces each) mint Andes candies
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating and 4 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring. Pour evenly into miniature muffin cup liners.
- Sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
- In a microwave, melt mint candies and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Pour over cookie crumbs. Let stand until set.