- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Crumb Crust:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or packed brown sugar
- 1 cup fine crumbs (chocolate wafer, graham cracker, or vanilla wafer cookies)
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup crème de menthe
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Place butter in an 8- or 9-inch round microproof cake dish. Microwave at HIGH (100%) for 30 to 45 seconds, or until melted. Add sugar and crumbs. Stir and mash with a fork until well mixed. Lightly press on bottom and about halfway up side of dish. Microwave at HIGH for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, rotating 1/2 turn every 30 seconds, until hot. Let stand while making cheesecake filling.
- Cake:Place unwrapped cream cheese in a 2-quart micro-proof bowl or casserole. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) for 3 to 5 minutes, or until softened. Add sugar, flour, liqueur, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat with electric mixer at high speed until well blended. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) for 10 to 12 minutes, or until hot and thick enough to mound from spoon, whisking vigorously every 4 minutes to break up soft cooked area. (Mixture will melt to a shiny liquid, then thicken.) Pour into prepared crust. For a soft, custard-like consistency, place cheesecake in refrigerator. Chill at least 3 hours. For a firm cheesecake-like consistency, continue microwaving at MEDIUM (50%) for 10 to 13 minutes, until all areas are set and firm and top looks dry.
- Serve with chocolate sauce, if desired.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More