- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 1/2 Pound Whole Wheat Orzo
- 1 Pint Picked Mint
- 1 Quart Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Almonds
- 2 Clementines Juiced (or Orange)
- 1/2 Cup Red Onions
- 1/2 Cup Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Sundried Tomatoes or Cherry Tomatoes
- !/4 Slivered Almonds
- 1 Cup Packed Spinach
- 2 Clementines Zested (or Orange)
- Feta (Optional)
- Cook the Orzo is boiling salted water for allotted time on package until al dente. Cool in ice water to prevent from over-cooking.
- Blanch Spinach and Mint in boiling salted water for 1 minute. Transfer to a blender with Orange Juice and Almonds and blend. Season to taste with salt. COOL IMMEDIATELY over an ice bath to prevent from browning.
- Cut Red Onions into Medium Dice.
- Cut Carrots in half and then slice in 1/4 inch pieces.
- Fold Pesto Into Orzo with carrots, onions, and spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Slivered Almonds (and feta if desired). Drizzle with a good balsamic oil to "dress" lightly.
- This is a GREAT side dish to Pork Tenderloin, Chicken, or Sausage.
- For the Pork Tenderloin or Chicken, marinate in Red Wine Vinegar for 45 minutes before cooking.
- Cook the Pork on medium high heat with a good glug of olive oil for 2 minutes on each side until brown. Transfer to a board and let rest for five minutes before slicing. Put back into pan or oven for more "doneness".
- Sear the Chicken in a hot pan over medium high heat with a good glug of olive oil as well. Cook for 4 minutes on one side and then flip over to finish. Let rest and slice.
- Or you could grill. Yes, you could do that too.
NotesThis is a dead simple Orzo Salad, done a little different than the traditional Greek Style. It's geared toward the sweeter end but still fantastic!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
MetroCooking Texas 2013
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More