- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 1/2 Pound Whole Wheat Orzo
- 1 Pint Picked Mint
- 1 Quart Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Almonds
- 2 Clementines Juiced (or Orange)
- 1/2 Cup Red Onions
- 1/2 Cup Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Sundried Tomatoes or Cherry Tomatoes
- !/4 Slivered Almonds
- 1 Cup Packed Spinach
- 2 Clementines Zested (or Orange)
- Feta (Optional)
- Cook the Orzo is boiling salted water for allotted time on package until al dente. Cool in ice water to prevent from over-cooking.
- Blanch Spinach and Mint in boiling salted water for 1 minute. Transfer to a blender with Orange Juice and Almonds and blend. Season to taste with salt. COOL IMMEDIATELY over an ice bath to prevent from browning.
- Cut Red Onions into Medium Dice.
- Cut Carrots in half and then slice in 1/4 inch pieces.
- Fold Pesto Into Orzo with carrots, onions, and spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Slivered Almonds (and feta if desired). Drizzle with a good balsamic oil to "dress" lightly.
- This is a GREAT side dish to Pork Tenderloin, Chicken, or Sausage.
- For the Pork Tenderloin or Chicken, marinate in Red Wine Vinegar for 45 minutes before cooking.
- Cook the Pork on medium high heat with a good glug of olive oil for 2 minutes on each side until brown. Transfer to a board and let rest for five minutes before slicing. Put back into pan or oven for more "doneness".
- Sear the Chicken in a hot pan over medium high heat with a good glug of olive oil as well. Cook for 4 minutes on one side and then flip over to finish. Let rest and slice.
- Or you could grill. Yes, you could do that too.
NotesThis is a dead simple Orzo Salad, done a little different than the traditional Greek Style. It's geared toward the sweeter end but still fantastic!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More