- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 container (3-1/2 ounces) chocolate sprinkles
- 1.Line baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. Melt chips with whipping cream and butter in heavy medium saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into pie pan.
- Refrigerate until mixture is fudgy, but soft, about 2 hours.
- 2.Shape about 1 tablespoonful mixture into 1-1/4-inch ball; place on waxed paper. Repeat procedure with remaining mixture.
- 3.Place sprinkles in shallow bowl; roll balls in sprinkles.
- Place truffles in petit four or candy cups. (If sprinkles won't stick because truffle has set, roll truffle between palms until outside is soft.)
- Truffles may be refrigerated 2 to 3 days or frozen several weeks.
- Tip: Truffles can also be coated with unsweetened cocoa, powdered sugar, chopped nuts, colored sprinkles or cookie crumbs to add flavor and prevent the truffle from melting in your fingers.