Minty Double Chocolate Cookies
Why I Love This Recipe
This duo of soft and chewy cookies will be a welcome addition to any dessert table. Using cake mix makes preparing the dough quick and simple with delicious results.
Ingredients You'll Need
• 1 box Great Value Devil's Food Cake Mix
• 2 large eggs, well beaten
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, room temperature
• 1/2 tsp (2 mL) peppermint extract
• 2 pkgs Great Value Milk Chocolate Mint Buds
1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line two baking trays with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl thoroughly combine cake mix, eggs and butter until smooth. Portion into 1 tbsp (15 mL) sized balls and set 4-5 cm apart on prepared baking trays.
3. Bake 6-7 minutes. Remove trays from the oven. Decorate using jujubes (cut side down) or mint buds, pressing firmly into the cookies to ensure they stick. Return to the oven for 3-5 minutes longer or until just starting to brown around the edges. Cool completely on the tray before serving.
Cut the jujubes in half using a pair of scissors or small knife.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Cookies