- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 14- 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon very finely grated orange peel (zest)
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping, or cajeta
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box butter recipe cake mix, such as Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Butter Recipe Golden cake mix
- Ingredients listed on cake mix package, substituting 1/2 cup tequila for part of water
- 1 teaspoon very finely grated lime peel (zest)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In large bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs, orange liqueur and orange zest.
- Set aside.
- Generously coat 12-cup Bundt pan with spray. Pour caramel sauce in bottom of pan.
- Set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substituting 1/2 cup tequila for 1/2 cup of required water and adding lime zest.
- If using, fold coconut into batter.
- Pour batter on top of caramel in pan.
- Stir milk mixture and gradually pour over cake batter (milk mixture will sink and batter will rise).
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes.
- Unmold onto serving plate.
- Let cool completely.
- Makes 14 to 16 servings.
NotesI needed a dessert for a party and found this recipe after being inspired by the Margarita Cupcake recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More