- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 14- 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon very finely grated orange peel (zest)
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping, or cajeta
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box butter recipe cake mix, such as Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Butter Recipe Golden cake mix
- Ingredients listed on cake mix package, substituting 1/2 cup tequila for part of water
- 1 teaspoon very finely grated lime peel (zest)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In large bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs, orange liqueur and orange zest.
- Set aside.
- Generously coat 12-cup Bundt pan with spray. Pour caramel sauce in bottom of pan.
- Set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substituting 1/2 cup tequila for 1/2 cup of required water and adding lime zest.
- If using, fold coconut into batter.
- Pour batter on top of caramel in pan.
- Stir milk mixture and gradually pour over cake batter (milk mixture will sink and batter will rise).
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes.
- Unmold onto serving plate.
- Let cool completely.
- Makes 14 to 16 servings.
NotesI needed a dessert for a party and found this recipe after being inspired by the Margarita Cupcake recipe.
Fueling a Firehouse
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More