- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbs. light corn syrup
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cookie crumb crust, made with chocolate cookies (22 oreos and 3tbs butter)
- 1/2 cup toffee bits or coarsely chopped
- toasted almonds
- 1 quart premium coffee ice cream, softened
- In the top pan of a double boiler, combine the chocolate chips, butter, cream and corn syrup. Set over but not touching barely simmering water in the bottom pan until the chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally. Alternatively, in a microwaveproof bowl, combine the chocolate, butter, cream and corn syrup and melt in the microwave for 30-second intervals. Remove from the microwave and stir until smooth.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and mix well. Reserve 1⁄2 cup of the chocolate mixture for the top of the pie. Spread the remaining mixture evenly in the bottom of the cookie crust. Sprinkle with half of the toffee bits. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the ice cream on medium speed until it is spreadable but not runny. Immediately mound into the pie shell and spread evenly. Freeze until the ice cream is firm, at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Reheat the reserved chocolate mixture in the top of the double boiler over barely simmering water, or in the microwave for 30-second intervals, until it is spreadable but not hot. Using a spatula, spread it over the ice cream. Sprinkle with the remaining toffee bits and return the pie to the freezer until it is completely firm before serving, 3 to 4 hours.
- To slice, run a knife under hot water, then dry it off. If frozen overnight, the pie may need to stand at room temperature for a few minutes before it is soft enough to slice easily. Makes one 9-inch pie; serves 8.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More