- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy mom makes a great chili. It has more beef, less beans, and simmers for a shorter amount of time to keep the celery from turning to mush
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1- 29oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans white beans
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- Big squirt of ketchup (add to taste)
- Toppings of your choice (Cheddar cheese, sour cream, raw onions)
- Brown the beef and onions together.
- *Add other ingredients to a large pot and simmer on low 1 hour.
- *Top with cheddar cheese, sour cream, raw onions and other topping of your choice.