- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1- 29oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans white beans
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- Big squirt of ketchup (add to taste)
- Toppings of your choice (Cheddar cheese, sour cream, raw onions)
- Brown the beef and onions together.
- *Add other ingredients to a large pot and simmer on low 1 hour.
- *Top with cheddar cheese, sour cream, raw onions and other topping of your choice.
NotesMy mom makes a great chili. It has more beef, less beans, and simmers for a shorter amount of time to keep the celery from turning to mush
Jean’s Recipe File
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More