- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 can pinto beans,drained
- 1can navy beans, drained
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can hominy, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes (DO NOT drain)
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 envelopes ranch or Italian dressing mix
- 1 to 1 1/2 quart water
- 2 or 3 whole stalks celery
- garnish: croutons
- Dump all canned ingredients into large pot and stir well.
- Add both envelopes of dressing mix, stir well again.
- Add 1 quart water and stir well again.
- Add more water if desired.
- Cut celery stalks in half, add to pot.
- Bring to a boil, simmer 30 minutes.
- Discard celery (it was just there because beans cooked with celery digest better, with less gas and tummy upset.)
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with croutons.
- Optional: omit crouton garnish and serve with crusty French or Sourdough bread.
NotesThe original recipe appeared in the airline's monthly publication for flight attendants; it was submitted by ASA flight attendant Jenni Tennille. I've made this soup a few times, tweaking the recipe just a bit every time, and now it's even better than the original! (That is, of course, just my humble opinion.)
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More