MIXED BEAN SOUP
Mixed Bean Soup
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 can pinto beans,drained
- 1can navy beans, drained
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can hominy, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes (DO NOT drain)
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 envelopes ranch or Italian dressing mix
- 1 to 1 1/2 quart water
- 2 or 3 whole stalks celery
- garnish: croutons
Dump all canned ingredients into large pot and stir well.
Add both envelopes of dressing mix, stir well again.
Add 1 quart water and stir well again.
Add more water if desired.
Cut celery stalks in half, add to pot.
Bring to a boil, simmer 30 minutes.
Discard celery (it was just there because beans cooked with celery digest better, with less gas and tummy upset.)
Ladle into bowls and garnish with croutons.
Optional: omit crouton garnish and serve with crusty French or Sourdough bread.