- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/4C vegetable oil
- 1 1/2C frozen mixed berries, thawed and drained of juice (reserve juice)
- 1/4C berry juice
- 1C water
- 3/4C thawed berries, pushed through a seive to create a puree
- 1 1/2sticks unsalted butter-room temperature
- 5C powdered sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare cupcake pans with liners and I spray each one with a little butter spray.
- I mixed the water with berry juice and then combined the eggs and oil and cake mix in a medium bowl, whisking until smooth.
- Gently fold in the thawed berries and scoop them into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once the cakes are done, let them cool completely before frosting.
- Thaw berries completely in microwave, drain juice and mash through seive.
- Using a stand mixer whip butter and puree until combined.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time until you reach the spreading consistency that you prefer.
- I like a more stiff frosting to stand up to piping.
- I also added a few decorator candies to make them more special.
NotesSo...I am obsessed with homemade buttercream frosting!! This time was for the Super Bowl party. I started again with a cake mix, this was a strawberry flavored mix that I added real fruit to.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More