- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/4C vegetable oil
- 1 1/2C frozen mixed berries, thawed and drained of juice (reserve juice)
- 1/4C berry juice
- 1C water
- 3/4C thawed berries, pushed through a seive to create a puree
- 1 1/2sticks unsalted butter-room temperature
- 5C powdered sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare cupcake pans with liners and I spray each one with a little butter spray.
- I mixed the water with berry juice and then combined the eggs and oil and cake mix in a medium bowl, whisking until smooth.
- Gently fold in the thawed berries and scoop them into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once the cakes are done, let them cool completely before frosting.
- Thaw berries completely in microwave, drain juice and mash through seive.
- Using a stand mixer whip butter and puree until combined.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time until you reach the spreading consistency that you prefer.
- I like a more stiff frosting to stand up to piping.
- I also added a few decorator candies to make them more special.
NotesSo...I am obsessed with homemade buttercream frosting!! This time was for the Super Bowl party. I started again with a cake mix, this was a strawberry flavored mix that I added real fruit to.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
The Naked Macaron
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More