- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time: 30
BackstoryThis mixes blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, & raspberries. Good for the 4th. Taste very good. See!! not really, this guy was a winner at a pie eating. I just liked the photo.
- Dough for one 9-inch double Flaky Pie Crust (Home made or from store)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, picked over
- 1 cup hulled and sliced fresh strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup fresh blackberries, picked over
- 3⁄4 cup fresh red raspberries, picked over
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Milk for brushing
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Gather the dough into two balls, one slightly larger than the other. Refrigerate the smaller ball of dough.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the larger ball of dough into a 12-inch circle, about 1⁄8 inch thick. Place a 9-inch pie plate upside down on top of the rolled-out dough. Using a small knife, cut around the plate, leaving a 1-inch border of dough around the plate. Remove the plate. Fold one side of the crust over in half. Fold the crust into quarters. Pick up the crust so that the center point is positioned in the center of the plate. Unfold the dough and press it firmly into the pie plate. Refrigerate the bottom crust.
- Combine the sugar, salt, flour, and cinnamon in a large saucepan. Add the berries and gently toss with the sugar mixture until coated.
- Add the water and lemon juice and cook over medium heat just to the boiling point, stirring often.
- Remove the bottom crust and the smaller ball of dough from the refrigerator. Pour the filling into the pie crust and dot with the butter.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll it out to an 11-inch circle, about 1⁄8 inch thick and either place on top of the filling or cut it into 3⁄4-inch-wide lattice strips an weave them on top of the filling. Be sure to cut slits in the top to release the steam if you opt for a full crust. Brush with milk and sprinkle with a little coarse sugar.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake until the berries bubble and the crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack before serving. minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. This pie can be served warm or cold.