- Cooking Time: 12 to 15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries and/or sliced strawberries)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Gently toss the berries with 1 tablespoon sugar and let stand.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Make a well in the center and pour in 1 cup cream. Using a fork, stir until just blended.
- Scrape out the dough onto a floured surface; knead gently 8–10 times.
- Roll the dough 1/2 inch thick.
- Using a round cutter, cut out 6 biscuits, rerolling the scraps as necessary.
- Transfer biscuits to the prepared baking sheet and brush tops with 2 tablespoons cream.
- Sprinkle tops with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake the biscuits for 12–15 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Beat the remaining 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cream and 1 tablespoon sugar at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Using a serrated knife, halve the biscuits horizontally.
- Place a generous spoonful of berries on each biscuit bottom, then top with whipped cream and biscuit tops.