- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 12
- 12 servings
- 55 min 30 min prep
- 1 recipe pizza dough (use your own recipe or store bought)
- 8 ounces fontina, valle d'aosta fontina, provolone or mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 large sweet onions, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (such as Vidalia or Walla Walla)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups assorted sliced mushrooms (such as shiitake, oyster, cremini, chanterelle, morel ,and or or button)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary
- snipped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Prepare Pizza Dough as directed using the 16x12x1-inch pan(or a 15 X 11" pan).
- Arrange cheese slices on top of dough in pan.
- In a large skillet, cook onions, covered, in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat for 13 to 15 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5 to 8 minutes more or until onions are golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine mushrooms, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the garlic, and rosemary.
- Cook over medium heat until mushrooms are tender; drain well.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over cheese.
- Top with onions.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until crust bottom is slightly crisp and brown.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Cut the pizza into 4-inch squares and serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
Summertime SippersSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More